Share this adventure
Fort Lauderdale's original light tackle charters!
Captain Ron Mallet:
- “Your full time fishing guide”
- Over 32 years fishing Florida!
- Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Boca Raton, Hollywood, Pompano Beach Florida fishing boat charters.
Light tackle, inshore and offshore/deep sea sportfishing trips for beginners or pros! Ft. Lauderdale boat rides, tours, sightseeing and cruises too!
The fishing boat we use is a modern fiberglass boat with a new 4 stroke outboard. It is the cleanest fishing boat in townand it is kept in top condition. Our fishing gear provided is also the best you can use. On your fishing trip you will see some great sights to and from the fishing grounds. Our close dock and fast boat will have your fishing bait in the water faster then anyone in Fort Lauderdale. That means more fishing time for the money. We are the only charter in Ft. Lauderdale that is equipped for both inshore light tackle fishing and deep sea offshore fishing trips on the same boat, in the same day. We often have families and children fishing with us and they find our fishing trips a perfect fit for kids and parents to spend quality time together. Fishing creates memories that last a lifetime.
Any edible fish we keep is yours, fish cleaning is included as part of your outing. Fish not kept for the table will be released, after a quick photo. Taxidermy Services can be arranged for your trophy, even if you release your catch!
Fishing styles vary from offshore – live bait – kite fishing for sailfish, dolphin, kingfish and more to dropping a shrimp or jig deep for snapper, grouper, jacks and a whole list of surprises. When fishing the protected inshore waters the targeted species might include tarpon, barracuda, mackerel, jack and snapper. Getting shutout because of weather is rare since its always calm in the harbor.
My boat is located 5 minutes from Fort Lauderdale airport and approximately 25 minutes from Miami or Boca Raton.
Visit us for Fort Lauderdale fishing charters, sport fishing in Miami, Florida deep sea fishing, South Florida sport fishing charter, Action Sport Fishing.
FORT LAUDERDALE SPECIES SEASONS
1 = excellent, 2 = good, 3 = poor
Also available :
• Jack Crevalle
• Hogfish , Porgy, Grunt, Triggerfish and lots of other light tackle species off the bottom.
Since the deep water comes closer to our shore then anywhere on the east coast of the USA, great fishing is only minutes from the inlet. Most days the blue water is just a few miles offshore. All bottom fishing takes place within 1 mile from shore where you still find water over 100 feet deep. Even our harbor, Port Everglades, has water 50 feet deep. The inshore waters always have protection from the winds and provide dependable calm conditions.
During the winter months you can expect the occasional front to pass through stirring up the offshore scene. It won’t be rough for long but sometimes conditions can keep you in the harbor for a few days where you can still bend a rod. Summer months usually give you slick calm morning conditions but like clockwork the afternoons can brew some pretty strong thunderstorms. During the heat of summer expect the best action to come early in the day or late in the afternoon. Certain species, like snook and snapper bite best after dark. Our two peak seasons, like in most fishing areas, are spring and fall. That is your best time for variety and the best chance of having one of those days that you will remember forever. Over the years I have learned to never try to predict a good day or slow one until you get the baits in the water a while. Many times my guess has been wrong. Beware of anyone who guarantees success or swears they have it figured out. I do know you wont catch anything if you stay home.
Packages and Prices
Rates include: Fuel, Fishing License for up to 4, Ice, Parking, Rigged Bait and Tackle.
Not Included: Food, Drink, Live Bait and Gratuities.
* A maximum of 3 adult passengers are allowed on my boat, 4 is okay if it is 2 adults with 2 small children. Any more than 3 adults become very crowded on smaller boats with only the captain handling the chores. I feel a mate is needed to provide proper service on a boat larger than mine. Let me know if you are looking for a larger boat for your trip. I can help to direct you to a great local operation that might fit in with your plans. Be sure that you are fishing legal and the boat you choose has a license that covers all the passengers, not just the fisherman. Every person onboard is considered fishing by Florida State law and all legal charter boats must provide the license to cover all passengers, fishing or not.
Example of pricing:
3 passengers, 4 hours cost $375 total. That works out to $125 each person! Please read all the pages of this site before you make any decisions. Cost alone should not be the only reason you pick a boat to go with. Send an e mail request with the word “Fishing” on the subject line to get more information on making reservations.
• You bring your own food, drink, hat, sunglasses, camera and wear non scuffing shoes, no black soles or bare feet please.
• Leave your cooler in the car, one is provided with ice for your food and drink. No glass containers please.
• Free, on street public parking is available.
• Our services are private charters. As long as you pay the one person charge you have the boat to yourself. Only you can add the extra passengers. We will not add passengers to your boat and we do not organize shared boats.
We can help arrange additional boats for larger groups, corporate events or for those that need boats which offer different types of fishing or require more capacity.
Captain Ron Mallet
Captain Ron is a serious, professional sportsman. With more than 23 years fishing Florida and another 10 mixed in since childhood, experience one of his major assets. This often makes difference while on the water. As long as the fish are there, you can expect a successful day on the water.
As all good fisherman know… time, experience, passion and a keen connection with nature will always advance your skills and keep you on top of the game. Captain Ron has proven this to be true. Below is a list of some accomplishments and associations that has kept him involved with his career.
• Competed in major tournaments including; Miami Billfish tournament, Fort Lauderdale Billfish tournament, S.A.A tournament series (now the S.K.A.), IGFA Junior Angler tournament, Pompano Beach Rodeo.
• Featured in the Sun Sentinel Newspaper (numerous times), and the Miami Herald.
• Included in Saltwater Sportsman magazine and SportFishing magazine articles.
• Featured in Florida Sportsman magazine.
• Writer for The Big Game Journal magazine.
• Sat on many local tournament advisory boards.
• Called on regularly for fishing reports/forecasts for Sportfishing Magazine and The Fisherman Magazine
• Appeared on the Outdoor Channel, Selkirk Cable, Continental Cable and ComCast broadcast television.
• Formed and directed Team F.I.S.H., a traveling, light tackle, Florida State tournament series.
• Featured guest speaker at Saltwater Sportsman magazine national Seminar series (3 times).
• Conducted seminars at local retail marine stores, E&B marine, West Marine, Boater World, Bass Pro Shops.
• Guest speaker at local fishing clubs (S.O.B.’s, South Florida Mako’s Owners).
• Current and past Pro Staff member for Mercury Outboards, Robalo Boats, Lowrance Electronics, Eagle Claw hooks, Berkely Big Game line, St. Croix rods, Delco Marine batteries.
• Field tester for Attwood Marine, Faria instruments.
• Active member of the I.G.F.A, R.F.A, and MET.
- Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328, USA
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org